Saturday, May 9, 2020

Procedural!

some time ago I worked on a procedural cave generator using cellular automata with C++ and SFML (Cave Bunny)

I have been wanting to explore that within unity too and so have been following along with the tutorials from Sebastian Lague, I haven't stopped on the Mr. Taft tutorials and in some way there is a plan to link everything up at some point, but whilst there are some ideas, these aren't yet tied into specific gameplay features - however - it's probably fairly obvious that I'm going to add some kind of procedural element!

For the mesh creation, that's a bit of a learning curve for me - probably overkill for my 2D needs but nonetheless, it's good to keep learning new things! Who knows maybe one day I'll break into 3D!

Stay Safe & Happy Coding

PappaP x


No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.NET Core(porate) , yup I'm hilarious :|

 So, lately, I have been in full corporate mode. That means looking after my team of engineers and when I have some gaps in my calendar work...

Most Viewed