Saturday, April 18, 2020

Been busy, actually coding!

So been a quiet couple of weeks in lockdown, some (more) exciting personal news which I will be able to share soon but also working on implementing A* within the Mr. Taft Zelda-like series.

As usual, my code for this is fully shared on Github but is yet to be properly documented! That is the next task.

Anyway, for a sneaky preview of the finished article.

Features: 


  • It only starts pathfinding if the player is inside the grid, will also stop pathfinding once the player exits.
  • Unwalkable grid positions are calculated at runtime start based on the tilemap colliders (via a layermask)
  • pathfinding runs every x seconds as to not be continually calculating paths

Thank you!

Wouldn't have been possible without the excellent grid tutorials from CodeMonkey and of course Mr Taft! and his amazing Zelda-like.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.NET Core(porate) , yup I'm hilarious :|

 So, lately, I have been in full corporate mode. That means looking after my team of engineers and when I have some gaps in my calendar work...

Most Viewed