Monday, September 30, 2019

OLC, How could I forget!

Mentioning OLC in my previous post, I realised I had been totally remiss in not explaining about OLC from Javid.


Javid, from OLC Is a really spectacular guy who has some amazing tutorials on YouTube! These break down the algorithms for coding with examples using a very cut down OLC Pixel Game Engine (or even initially the OLC Console Game Engine!!!) so that the emphasis can be on the algorithms and not the normal massive stumbling blocks that can be associated with developing on modern systems. Platform agnostic, and really one of the best resources I have found in my coding adventures.

A small example of what I have created after watching the OLC videos and working through the algorithms is Cave Bunny - https://github.com/jponter/Cave-Bunny This project makes use of both cellular automata and A* pathfinding amongst others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ASP.NET Core(porate) , yup I'm hilarious :|

 So, lately, I have been in full corporate mode. That means looking after my team of engineers and when I have some gaps in my calendar work...

Most Viewed